Re: [N8VEM-S100:6415] Re: IMSAI 8080A CPU board help.

On Monday, February 23, 2015 at 7:03:35 AM UTC-7, Crustyomo wrote:

The Shadow ROM Kill Jumper JP5 moves from 1-2 when using v1.2 firmware to 2-3 when using v2.3 firmware.

Ahh hah! That explains why my original burn of a 25256 didn't complete the boot. I didn't realize the jumper settings changed between the 1.2 and 2.3 releases of the loader. I had been experimenting with the position of that jumper while attempting to input a small program with the front panel - after entering a short front panel input test, from the Imsai manual, I'd hit run and the ROM would take off.

Is there a way I can experiment with entering a test program from the front panel and running it without the boot loader ROM taking over?