Now that the S100 bus XVGA video board (http://s100computers.com/My%20System%20Pages/VGA%20Board/VGA%20Board.htm) has gone out to everybody, I would like to announce our next board…
It’s a V3 version of our tried and true SMB (System monitor Board). The original board is described here:-
The following changes/updates have been made to the board:-
- The was a minor error on the above V2 board (pin 5 of U32), this is now corrected.
- There was a report of the TMA 0-3 switch circuit was not working reliably with the 80386 board at high speed, this circuit has now been completely replaced/simplified with a single GAL.
- An Intersil ICM7216D chip has been added along with 3 new Digital displays to continuously display the frequency of the bus master clock speed (PHI) in MHz.
- A circuit and LED bar was added to continuously display the bit pattern of a user defined output port. (default, LED Diagnostic Port 05H).
- A circuit was added to trigger an interrupt if the S100 bus ERROR* signal (pin 98) is activated.
- A series of jumpers was added to easily attach a logic probe cable (such as a USBee or Saleae unit) for hardware debugging.
- The LM323K 5Volt, 3Amp regulator can be replaced (in the same footprint/space) with a Pololu 5 Volt , 2.5 Amp D24V25 Switching regulator.
- Almost all chips from the V2 board can be re-used on the V3 board. Only the ICM7216D, 3 Digital displays and GAL 22V10 are new.
Please see the bottom of the above page for more information.
I will be sending off an order for final bare boards in the next few days. If you would like one or more boards please let me know (preferably by e-mail). The usual arrangements ~$15/board + postage WHEN you get the board via PayPal.