Re: Kicad router

Oscar,

I have heard of the Netbeans approach.  I guess that is the first thing to try.  Perhaps the Windows version of JAVA compiles to machine code, whereas the Linux versions compiles to bytecode, which is then run through an interpreter.  The machine code version is very important to have, since my experience with the SBC-188 -- the hardest board to route.  Machine code optimization runs in about 3 weeks (on a 3.5Ghz quad processor), so I would expect the interpreted version to take 6 months or more.  Completely intolerable.

On 10/07/2014 02:25 AM, oscarv wrote:
John,

I just run freerouting locally from the sources you mentioned. It works fine out of the Netbeans IDE. Here is a download link to my project directory with all settings etc:
freerouter Netbeans project

> It would be great if someone with Java know-how can compile it to be a simple stand-alone program. I am somewhat averse to Java,
> so I could not figure out how to do that. But in the mean time, it runs fine out of Netbeans this way.

Exactly my predicament, also.

--John