[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: [N8VEM-S100:1049] Upcoming S-100 SMB Reorder
- To: <n8vem...@googlegroups.com>
- Subject: RE: [N8VEM-S100:1049] Upcoming S-100 SMB Reorder
- From: "Andrew Lynch" <LYN...@YAHOO.COM>
- Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 19:57:21 -0400
- Authentication-results: gmr-mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: best guess record for domain of LYN...@yahoo.com designates 18.104.22.168 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=LYN...@yahoo.com; dkim=pass (test mode) head...@yahoo.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1345593429; bh=JBcsLkeK57tyDWlF7rdufN1P9nL/yOdlORmPOIx+gJk=; h=X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-SMTP:Received:From:To:References:In-Reply-To:Subject:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Mailer:Thread-Index:Content-Language; b=Ptm5eH3iJS0x+QAZ2mCjGkGr3rCFFwXjo5hML1gdU3W/7oC7s9KTcDSBGGtb2SYEnGK0xyhA7D/wvWbikTmzjD2cLw1wQ0iuG500WpKiqRL22lYQ8r0fMx2nVj+95zVTspkRiyzeBS9tFKujLNbFMNu+rdDMadr6zoHNtwETRjM=
- In-reply-to: <CAJj77rtkzQttLcUf9_EXp34ywea5NdoQ3S9Enm70RxMioJDScw@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <CAJj77rtkzQttLcUf9_EXp34ywea5NdoQ3S9Enm70RxMioJDScw@mail.gmail.com>
- Thread-index: AQKPrMLytyGn+c8m5AIQvJHrw4/2CJXgiQ0A
Hi! Good news! The S-100 System Monitor Board (SMB) and S-100 Bus Extender
PCBs are on their way! We should be seeing them in about three weeks or so.
That would be the second full week of September or so. Please note the
S-100 SMB is actually *two* PCBs because the S-100 SMB base board is
separate from the S-100 SMB display mezzanine boards which is a three-in-one
board. Anyone confused yet? The S-100 SMB is one complicated board!
All the S-100 SMB display mezzanine boards are joined together as one big
PCB. The builder separates them into whatever one they would like to use.
This is much less expensive than having three separate smaller boards and is
a lot more flexible. However it also means most builders will end up with
one or two PCBs they won't use.
The HP5082-7340 displays can occasionally be found on ebay for a reasonable
price. Also UTsource has them but you'll need to get a quote. There is
someone on vintage-computer.com forums that sells them as well (Glitch?) for
a very reasonable price. They can be tricky to find but still doable.
I hope this helps! Thanks and have a nice day!
> -----Original Message-----
> From: n8vem...@googlegroups.com [mailto:n8vem-
> s1...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Paul Birkel
> Sent: Saturday, August 18, 2012 6:15 AM
> To: n8vem...@googlegroups.com
> Subject: [N8VEM-S100:1049] Upcoming S-100 SMB Reorder
> Regarding the upcoming S-100 SMB
> reorder, should we consider whether if there are no particular advantages
> the expen$ive HP 5082-7340 displays (e.g.?
> over the TIL displays that we drop the daughter board for the former as a
> means of shaving the total cost of the board-set a little?