RE: [N8VEM-S100:3378] Re: QAutorouter

Definitely Michael, a version to run on Windows 7/8 would be very useful indeed.  Please see if you could get that going.

John

From: n8vem...@googlegroups.com [mailto:n8vem...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Richard Cini
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2014 1:55 PM
To: S100-Post
Subject: Re: [N8VEM-S100:3378] Re: QAutorouter

I think that it would make a lot of sense to post the pre-compiled versions for various platforms.

Rich

--

Rich Cini

Collector of Classic Computers

From: Michael Narigon <mnar...@gmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, April 29, 2014 at 4:40 PM
To: S100-Post <n8vem...@googlegroups.com>
Cc: N8VEM-Post <n8...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [N8VEM-S100:3378] Re: QAutorouter

Hi guys,

Actually, Alfons, the developer for freerouting.net recently published his Java source code for the freerouting.net auto-router under the GPLv3 license. You can find it in the forums section of freerouting.net. I have it compiled and running on my local machines (OS X, Ubuntu, Windows 7.)

Alfons hadn't done updates to the code for a couple of years. Also, newer versions of the java JRE are set to require trusted certificates to execute remote code. The code he had on his web site did not have certificates so it wasn't working under Java 1.7 and 1.8. The certificates are expensive so unless you are making money it isn't worth it.

I could bundle up the running version I have and post it on the N8VEM website if someone is interested.

Michael