RE: [N8VEM-S100:466] Re: S-100 8086 CPU board done, ready for manufacturing

Guys I see there are some waiting for the PIC/RTC below.  Andrew and I have just gotten a prototype back of a new board (which for lack of a better name I call the “MSDOS” board).

It will contain an 8459A (with 8 bar LED for bus V0-V7 Ints), and Intel 8254 counter with speaker output, an AT style CMOS RTC (DS12887), two sockets for 16 bit ROM’s EPROMS etc. and a 0-8 wait state generator to place wait states in a window anywhere in the S100 bus address space (e.g. VGA RAM area).  I call this board the MSDOS board because it is used to emulate in hardware what later versions of MS-DOS expect to see on an IBM/clones AT style motherboard.

So… the old PIC/RTC, (while it works fine BTW, with our 8086 board and MS-DOS 4.01 “for well-behaved programs”) will essentially be replaced.

Hopefully no bugs will appear in this new hardware. Should be a month or two – so hang in there.

John

John Monahan Ph.D

510-502-5890

mon...@vitasoft.org