Re: [N8VEM-S100:4568] KiCad or ??

"Testing" builds of Windows KiCAD are here - http://escalalibre.com/edwt/

The revision numbers match the changelog here - http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~kicad-product-committers/kicad/product/changes

"No warranty" of course.

Andrew B

On Monday, July 14, 2014 7:29:26 PM UTC-7, Andrew Bingham wrote:
I am trying to get the "product" main development branch of kicad built on Windows so we can use the new manual router.

Here is CERNs next addition - a new footprint editor - http://vimeo.com/99235812 - still in its own branch but will be moved to "product" after testing.

Andrew B

On Monday, July 14, 2014 3:49:42 PM UTC-7, Kyle Owen wrote:
On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 5:25 PM, John Monahan <mon...@vitasoft.org> wrote:

You guys must be far better than me at Routing.  I had the hardest time just pushing & shoving a few traces on the 68K board.    In the end I just deleted the trace and let the xxx program redo it.

In KiCad how do you move a via.  If I select one,  it moves one side but I cannot connect the other side back to the original trace.  Seem you cannot connect a via to a dead end trace.

For complex boards I think it would be difficult for most of us to hand do them.  Does anybody know if the KiCad writers are going to enlarge the KiCad program to auto-route like DipTrace etc.

Manual routing just got a whole lot better thanks to CERN. Check out this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCG4daPvuVI

This will make your manual routing issues (dragging vias, for instance) much easier to deal with.

Are you in fact running the latest version of KiCad?

Kyle