RE: [N8VEM-S100:155] S-100 ZFDC PCBs have arrived!

Hi John!  I put up a post on Parallax forums asking for some help on the PASM assuming it was a software problem.  However, I see that in a later email today you’ve found the issue and it was a hardware related glitch.  That’s great news and I guess we won’t need outside help after all!  I am really looking forward to this board coming out.  Also since it is so flexible it could emulated pretty much any sort of serial port and terminal, right?  Just make the Spin software changes and the board emulates a legacy serial board and terminal combination?  VT-100 protocol is just an arbitrary choice and could have been any terminal.

This is an immensely powerful concept and will be very popular once word gets out.  Setting up the serial console and terminal is a major pain for many vintage S-100 systems and second only to setting up a floppy disk system in terms of finicky behavior.  I have high hopes for the S-100 Console IO board!  Woo Hoo!

From: n8vem...@googlegroups.com [mailto:n8vem...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of John Monahan
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2011 11:58 PM
To: n8vem...@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: [N8VEM-S100:155] S-100 ZFDC PCBs have arrived!

I have not use the PockeTerm software. Will try it tomorrow.  I have had a frustrating two days with the current software. Am at a loss to understand why in slow mode no problem but at high data rates, characters are dropped. I have status lines etc.

For this I have had to make quite a few changes to the board. Not sure Mike or others could help as the board is now quite different to the original V2 prototype.

John