A new Z80 based SBC to get beginners started on the S100 bus

Guys, I thinking of trying to solve the chicken/egg problem by doing a single Z80 based S100 board that would contain 64K RAM, EEPROM, PS/2 keyboard input as well as a host of indicator LED's and jumpers to deactivate ROM/RAM keyboard etc. one at a time as other boards are added to get new people started on the S100 bus.

The only part I'm not sure of is what to do about console output/video.  Was thinking of using the basic Propeller Console IO circuit
http://s100computers.com/My%20System%20Pages/Console%20IO%20Board/Console%20IO%20Board.htm

but this requires programming its two wire serial EEPROM with Parallaxes software and USB adaptor/software.  Do you think that is outside the range capability of most
newcomers. Alternatively we could go with a straight serial output to some dumb terminal IBM PC terminal emulator. Open also to other suggestions.

John