RE: [N8VEM-S100:25]

Thanks Max!  Yes, I would start with the SBC V2 in stand alone mode and one it works add a PPIDE as Max recommended.  They are inexpensive and a good way to get started without a large investment.

The ECB bus backplanes will allow you to expand to use other ECB peripherals like DiskIO and video boards.  The DSKY and ECB bus monitor are used primarily for debugging and for flexible boot options.

From: n8vem...@googlegroups.com [mailto:n8vem...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Max Scane
Sent: Monday, January 17, 2011 4:16 PM
To: n8vem...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [N8VEM-S100:25]

Hi Douglas,

Yes the SBC V2 is fully self contained.  CP/M 2.2 is available in the ROM along with a ROM and RAM disk.  The V2 has battery backup for the RAM disk so as long as you keep a battery connected, the contents of the RAM disk will be kept.

You might also consider the PPIDE mini-board.  This board is low cost and allows you to connect an IDE drive (or CF via an adapter) to the parallel port on the SBC.

Cheers!

Max