RE: [N8VEM-S100:1460] Re: S-100 board reorders

Where were you guys when we started this 68K board. In retrospect we probably should have! The board started out as a direct copy of the Wilcox book board. That board was a bus master (only).  The next step was to convert it to a master/slave combination thereby adding to its utility.   This actually involved a lot of modifications and additions.

I think if we were going to do anything we would next go to a 68020 or 30 much as we are doing with the 8086/80286 to 80386.  However I can tell you going to true 32 bits  with >16M memory access  at > 20MHz clock speeds is not as easy as it sounds.

Hopeful Andrew’s tracer will arrive home soon.  The board will allow decent development work to get started. Remember the 68010 is a direct plugin.    Personally I am worried all the traces come our right -- it’s been a long time in the oven.   I hope people appreciate there is always risk with these boards coming up duds!

John

John Monahan Ph.D

e-mail: mon...@vitasoft.org

Text:    mon...@txt.att.net