Re: S100 Board anomalies

Hi Rich,

I can probably answer two of your problems,
the memory map showing a '.' in the prom area is probably where the memory map routine samples a memory value and the value sampled turns out to be FFH, I've just completed my 80386 board and have been chasing my tail all last evening on the same issue where that also prints two '.'s in the prom area.

Open your  Z80 v4.8 monitor in your programmer software or hex editor and look at memory location 0F00H which would correspond to EF00H in your memory map,
I guessing it will be an FFH. you can confirm this behaviour by examining the monitor code for memory map generation.
I use Z80 monitor version 5.02 and that one displays the memory map fine as it doesnt contain FFH in the sampled locations.

With regard to your Real Time clock not working, the RTC chips are shipped with the internal register set to stop clock, view the following thread, particularly Gary's last post to figure out how to start the clock

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!searchin/n8vem-s100/ds12885/n8vem-s100/Ba5_Gwva170/H6AD-JOSQXgJ

hope this helps

David Fry