[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [N8VEM-S100:2856] Help Programming PAL's/GAL's
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: [N8VEM-S100:2856] Help Programming PAL's/GAL's
- From: Rob Doyle <radi...@gmail.com>
- Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 11:53:54 -0700
- Authentication-results: gmr-mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of radi...@gmail.com designates 2607:f8b0:400e:c03::22a as permitted sender) smtp.mail=radi...@gmail.com; dkim=pass head...@gmail.com; dmarc=pass (p=NONE dis=NONE) header.from=gmail.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=message-id:date:from:user-agent:mime-version:to:subject:references :in-reply-to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=WjIq+uYl7upxAncapX50WUIrHMMBwhjjKsOe4IVowZk=; b=fN9c4bINWyTLUJMebaL3bViGHBEGiKayZMIRTIfAFl4uNZzRjqRulayR1x6HmAm828 Pcm+BjJN68/Q1A3qgSy9822SBOXCbPdcLFr+lCaY95xx3U1N71Jebjs6xs4ciTSQuj1W A5G3youZP7zXwm0kCHuNeE17FYOiYOuk8jG5ZgS7hqCUr1HogGSFY8ehKkJqNruvX7AD cJKFOxY0PmMSPuLQu4S1T+V16fzYwayqiLHpOgq0TYKKahaBYYmVyB8EKcNHE1pyuRHY gspmEI5XqbeE5xIOp14SsCrioXOesZd3K8kZAviNNGOx6fjMJS26zTC6znhv+Afnyv4s iiag==
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/24.4.0
On 3/21/2014 9:31 PM, monahanz wrote:
Has anybody in this group had experience in the past programming simple
I helped some of the folks recreating the Heathkit H89 with more modern
parts a few months ago.
The original H89 used fusable link PROMs as decoders - which are mostly
unobtainable or expensive. I redesigned the logic so that we could use a
bunch of GAL16V8s.
I uses the PALASM4 Ver 1.5 from:
I also used DOSBOX.
I don't see anything wrong with your design.
I don't think PALASM4 supports GALS. Somehow the person that built the
board converted from 16L8 format to 16V8 format.
I wouldn't assume that a .JED file for a 16L8 would work with a 16V8.
The JED file is a fusemap.
Also different manufacturers have different programming algorithms.
What part are you using, exactly?