From: David Fry [mailto:dgf...@googlemail.com]
Sent: Sunday, November 10, 2013 12:18 AM
To: n8vem...@googlegroups.com
Cc: mon...@vitasoft.org
Subject: Re: Programming a ST78C34 Parallel Port Chip Solved!

Hi John,

just looking at the schematic for the S-100 Parallel I/O board and correct me if I am wrong (its 8am in the UK and I've just got up :-) ) but if you jumper pin 1 of U10 to Pin 3 of U10 you will invert the bSLAVE_CLR* signal which as you say will correct the problem for the ST78C34 but will result in the 8212's being held in a clear state as pin 14 of each 8212 share the same bSLAVE_CLR* signal but are active low inputs.

I would think the solution would be to cut the trace leading to pin 24 of the ST78C34 and add a jumper from pin 24 of the ST78C34 to pin 2 of U10

please can you check what I have said and repost

regards

David Fry