Hi! I think its time to update the N8VEM projects list. Any updates or corrections? Are we missing any projects?
Thanks and have a nice day!
ECB Active Terminator
- status: not started. Has anyone built one of the ECB extended backplanes? Do they work? Do we even need an active terminator for the new backplane?
ECB WD2793 FDC
- status: not started. It has been a while for this one. John is working on an S-100 ZFDC board which uses the WD2793 so it probably makes sense to let this one wait until the S-100 ZFDC is done
ECB Dual GIDE
- status: not started. Max, we were working on this at one point, I seem to recall. Any progress?
ISA Prototyping Board
- status: not started. This project is low priority and waiting for some of these others to clear out first.
ECB Host Processor Redesign
- status: PCB completed, awaiting manufactured PCB order
- status: in work. Wolfgang requested to hold the ordering the prototypes until after December so he can do some updates. On hold pending resolution.
ECB uPD7220 GDC second prototype
- status: second prototype PCBs ordered. Should arrive late Dec 2010.
- status: initial prototype PCB designed and trace route optimization underway. No estimate for completion yet.
S-100 Console IO
- status: first prototype board ordered and sent to builder team. Build and test underway with expected rework in progress. Second prototype PCB looks likely given scope of changes.
S-100 ZFDC Intelligent Floppy Controller
- status: second prototype board ordered and en route to John. Fixed the numerous problems with first prototype. Looks solid and probably a manufactured PCB will be ordered in couple weeks or so.
S-100 68K CPU
- status: first prototype board ordered and distributed to builder team. Initial build and test under way. See Douglas Goodall wiki for update on status.
- status: Nothing on PCB, prototype is in construction. No progress recently.
- status: concept board designed. Ready for prototype but likely OBE. Probably headed for permanent stasis.
MSX cartridge reader:
- status: initial prototype board status ordered. Should arrive in late Dec 2010.
MSX cartridge board:
- status: designing board in work.
SBC-188 rev 1
- status: Rev 1 PCBs on order. Expect delivery in late Dec 2010
- status: Initial PCBs on order. Expect delivery in late Dec 2010
S-100 Propeller prototyping board
S-100 Bus Exerciser
S-100 SCSI Interface
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Andrew Lynch [mailto:lyn...@yahoo.com]
> Sent: Saturday, November 06, 2010 1:25 PM
> To: '
> Subject: RE: N8VEM projects
> Hi! I've updated the current N8VEM home brew computing project list. In
> not particular order, here are the current planned and active projects.
> Planned means "thinking about it" while Active means some action has taken
> Please review and comment. Thanks and have a nice day!
> Andrew Lynch
> ECB Active Terminator
> ECB WD2793 FDC
> ECB Dual GIDE
> ECB Host Processor Redesign
> ISA Prototyping Board
> ECB RAM-Floppy
> ECB uPD7220 GDC second prototype
> Home Computer
> S-100 Console IO
> S-100 ZFDC Intelligent Floppy Controller
> S-100 68K CPU