RE: [N8VEM-S100:7633] PIC32 Ascii Terminal

Thanks Gary,

Sorry guys,  I meant to send that last message only to Gary, I sent him on a prototype SBC board.

While on that topic, during the debugging of this one (see:- http://s100computers.com/My%20System%20Pages/SBC%20Z80%20Board/SBC%20Z80%20CPU%20Board.htm)

I have been rethinking what to put on such a board that would be most useful for first time S100 bus users.

I now thinking of dropping the Propeller VGA/keyboard section and replacing it with just the USB port “chip” . This way anybody can communicate with their system initially from  standard PC/Telnet software or this PIC32 board. In its place I would drop in the equivalent of the IDE/CF Card board.   The board has 60K RAM, 4K ROM, IOBYTE port and a Z80/S100 bus circuit.  The board actually has 128K of RAM (2X64) but I cannot figure out how to switch banks without blowing the software out of the water for CPM3.  Sure I can do so within the ROM but how do you get stuff across from one bank to another. Anybody seen this done.  Normally you have a 16 or 32K window that switches.  Hate to settle for a 60K non banked CPM3 system!

John