RE: [N8VEM-S100:1954] Re: S-100 Cassette Interface

Hi Brian!  Thanks!  The ECB Cassette IO board schematic and PCB layout can be found here on the N8VEM wiki

http://n8vem-sbc.pbworks.com/w/browse/#view=ViewFolder&param=ECB%20Cassette%20Interface

I would be trivial to implement this on an S-100 board.  Even a prototyping board since the circuit is quite small.

From: n8vem...@googlegroups.com [mailto:n8vem...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Brian Marstella
Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 8:49 PM
To: n8vem...@googlegroups.com
Subject: [N8VEM-S100:1954] Re: S-100 Cassette Interface

Hi, Steven,

I've been looking through the Tarbell manual more closely and I think it would be doable. It has the advantage of doing both formats with a fairly high data rate (for tapes, anyway). I'm going to first re-do the schematics so I can make sure I can read everything and also include a couple of the updates mentioned in the documentation. From there, I might build the board as close to original just to make sure I can get a fully working version using original components and then construct a second one later using updated components where it makes sense. Once I get the schematics revised, I'll post them, or perhaps coordinate with John and Andrew and see if they'd be willing to include them in the various project locations.

Thanks for the input!