RE: [N8VEM-S100:2254] Re: Interest, Discussion and R&D on a 18 Slot S100 Backplane & ATX PSU board.

Josh, know the feeling with workload!  For what it’s worth, one nice things about the 80486 is it can take a 8, 16 or 32 bit bus directly in hardware, (the 8 & 16 bits being sequentially sent).  So in theory should work with any S-100 board and so for example should be able to be dropped into either of your boxes.  So the theory, will see how it turns out.

John

From: n8vem...@googlegroups.com [mailto:n8vem...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Crusty OMO
Sent: Saturday, January 18, 2014 8:47 AM
To: n8vem...@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: [N8VEM-S100:2254] Re: Interest, Discussion and R&D on a 18 Slot S100 Backplane & ATX PSU board.

Hi Doug,

Is it true that Toronto Hydro was delayed because they were waiting for others to clear away the fallen trees?
I heard some people were without power for 8 days... ouch.

Sayal is a great place to get many parts, very convenient.  I have one near my place, but I've been going to their Mississauga and head office locations for years.  They located their head office very strategically next to the other electronic suppliers at Victoria Park Ave and Gordon Baker Road.  I remember at the time they opened, Electrosonic, Active Components, Dawai, and Double-H were all there at that corner.  I loved walking in and out of each store.  Double-H closed and is gone, Dawai moved up the road to Alden (but I haven't been there in years), Active Components was bought out (not sure if they are still open) and Electrosonic closed that location and went "online" at e-sonic.com

I have 2 S-100 systems, an IMSAI 8080 (running) and an ALTAIR 8800 (going on the bench this weekend).  I've got some of the boards from this group, but have not been building.  There's about 20 other computer/projects in the queue ahead of new builds, so it will be a long time before I catch up to this group.  One of them is building a standalone 8080 CPU board with the front panel interfaces for the IMSAI and ALTAIR (which is why I need the ALTAIR running).  So, while John is pushing forward for 80386 and 80486 CPU boards, I'm standing still on the vintage 8080.

Regards,
Josh