From: John Monahan <mon...@vitasoft.org>
Date: Wednesday, November 27, 2013 at 1:12 PM
To: S100-Post <n8vem...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: RE: [N8VEM-S100:2064] Using Z80 board with older S100 boards

Rich there are too many moving parts to really be of much help with the limited information you have there.  All I can say is  to be of any help it’s best to sequentially add boards to the system.  Test them extensively, check and list ports one at a time by outputting/inputting data.  Checking you get the same results with different board combinations.   The CompuPro Disk 1 uses DMA to bring in data (as opposed to block I/O)  so bus configuration/timing is very critical/difficult.  Can you even read/write to the FDC chip ports on the board?  Can you get a head restore command to work. If not, something drastic is wrong, probably port addressing. Use a logic probe with a small program to repeatidely input/output to a port.

Good luck

John