RE: [N8VEM-S100:2788] Multibus

>I still work with a system that runs iRMX.

Is this one of the newer Tenasys systems, or are you running a legacy Intel system?

(For those who may not know, Intel sold iRMX off to Radisys a long time ago.  Some of the Intel engineers went with it.  Some of them eventually bought it from Radisys and started their own company, Tenasys, to sell and support it).

http://www.tenasys.com/

I had the pleasure of working with some of those folks at Intel before all this happened.

- Eric

PS: In the meantime Radisys has gone on to do a number of "interesting" things, such as create software and systems that allow one to perform Deep Packet Inspection to sift through internet packets for (among other things) "security" and "law enforcement" purposes.   Sound familiar?  Some of their whitepapers go even further suggesting the capability to modify packets en route to insert tracking data.  You didn't hear it from me.

http://go.radisys.com/rs/radisys/images/paper-dpi-motivations.pdf

I still work with a system that runs iRMX.

Jim