[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [N8VEM-S100:6385] Re: IMSAI 8080A CPU board help.
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: [N8VEM-S100:6385] Re: IMSAI 8080A CPU board help.
- From: litte...@mchsi.com
- Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2015 22:52:16 -0600 (CST)
- Authentication-results: gmr-mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of litte...@mchsi.com designates 188.8.131.52 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=litte...@mchsi.com
- In-reply-to: <1114744163.2860191424580120461.JavaMail.root@dsmdc-mail-mbs7>
I'm now using a comm port on the CPU board (w/HyperTerm & WinXP) & (The Console I/O) on the other.
They echo/mirror each other for key press & screen, but it still won't respond to anything but < R >
for the Ram test that fails @042A
----- Original Message -----
Todd, The firmware outputs to both the 8250 UART port 0 on board (I/O 20h) and to the Console I/O board at I/O 00h.
It will also accept any input from either console. If you connect them both, then you'll see a duplicate.
I was thinking of writing a seek and employee routine that would send messages to a range of I/O address and scan them all for a response ie, "Press <CR> to continue", but the variations were endless and such programming would take too much time. So I just hard coded support for the CONSOLE IO to the routines that already work with the on board uart.