Re: [N8VEM-S100:3359] QAutorouter

Hi guys,

I was the original author of QAutorouter, sorry, I've been in hybernation for the last year while I keep my livelyhood from going under. Still up to my neck, but I've been able to loosen up some cycles and I have just started to work on QAutorouter again.

I've been studying searching and routing algorithms over the last year or two, and I think I have a pretty good handle on plan for a simple routing algorithm. The path finder will be based on the A* path finding algorithm at the core, using  a manhattan-length heuristic future-cost estimation function, then wrapped in some kinds of "fitting" helpers that account for track widths, punching through layers, etc...

Anybody interested in that sort of thing, help would certainly be welcome.

--Mike