Re: [N8VEM-S100:3405] Re: Help searching a component (AM8224-4DC)

On 30/04/14 20:53, David Fry wrote:
> Fabio
>
> just checked the Texas Instruments datasheet for the standard 8224 and
> the max frequency is specified as 27Mhz, this should get you to 3Mhz CPU
> if you cant find the faster version.
> Start with a slower clock speed first to get things working then bring
> the speed up.
>
> regards
>
> David Fry
Hi David,
Yep, most (all?) 8224 clones have a max freq. of 27Mhz, except the
elusive 8224-4, which has a max of 36. I actually have a few 18Mhz
crystals around, I'm only annoyed by the fact that changing the freq is
not only a matter of changing the crystal, but also a few caps and
resistors, which makes testing slightly troublesome.
I'll surely resort to going down to 2Mhz if I run out of ideas
troubleshooting this board, I'm just not in a big hurry with this one.

Thanks,
Fabio