[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
S100 Serial IO Design Question
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: S100 Serial IO Design Question
- From: Don Caprio <ilv...@gmail.com>
- Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 11:31:18 -0800
- Authentication-results: gmr-mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of ilv...@gmail.com designates 2607:f8b0:400e:c03::22b as permitted sender) smtp.mail=ilv...@gmail.com; dkim=pass head...@gmail.com; dmarc=pass (p=NONE dis=NONE) header.from=gmail.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=message-id:date:from:user-agent:mime-version:to:subject :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=QImH5yFSK5cbXLW+KegJ9byRF3718PFOj8TlRm1cXUw=; b=OoL7UMAzNZ81L5oEavlbvWPBou98fq2LeaaMVlsgqUMmzaaxJzrzIa8KVGdnjVnIRt LioWRsXvhIR2bVHVDIPegaZQC6jdIBGr6VSd1LCPnMKa6YjrpwDm0bOmYcTvRnkKk743 RsXyx7MTxAnrnn3IrNUVlunUpK538a0/y3WMRr1QMyFifwQSWzD/+G+yXDcnaxy1yZll Y+m77WcJykBULYhzUYqKxNdfEks+QT/wIF1h1VKgT6ezwqVF+RkrN/uRZg2shqI2Kbn5 Xjw4BKiL+z9z9Qz/vo6elSuRIDHSNOGvmrD42gKzXtFViEW7Z+UxNBYigW9p6QCWdqco +b/A==
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; SunOS i86pc; rv:17.0) Gecko/20140429 Thunderbird/17.0.11
I was sitting here staring at my 8080 CPU board and have a general question
about serial ports. I guess my question is directed at Josh but feel
free to jump in.
Josh's board uses the 8250 (or 16550) design. The chips are large and need
the 1488 & 1489 line drivers, so require a lot of real estate especially
Could the MAX 232 serial chips have been used as an alternative?
I think I may know the answer. Compatibility with older legacy software
desire to hold true to legacy design.