Re: [N8VEM-S100:4883] Re: Group Purchase - FPMini Front Panel Switches

In Kicad the File->Plot menu supports Postscript, Gerber, SVG, HPGL and DXF.
No need for a converter. I should have checked before posting my previous question.

On 08/11/14 06:09 AM, Crusty OMO wrote:
Hi Don,

KiCad can also print to Postscript.  I googled PS to DXF and found many utilities that convert, including some that convert from Gerber.
I don't know any of them.  I suppose many are "paid".

I use Autocad to rebuild old schematics.  By loading an image, I can "trace over" the picture.

It might be OT, but I would love to hear more about CNC's etc.  You are right, there are just way too many cool toys :)

Cheers,
Josh

Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2014 21:16:30 -0700
From: ilv...@gmail.com
To: n8vem...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [N8VEM-S100:4882] Re: Group Purchase - FPMini Front Panel Switches

Frank,

I don't have a dxf drawing. I just got a copy of Autodesk and am learning sheet metal fab.
Eventually I should be able to cook something up. Wondering if there are any utilities that
can convert any of the Kicad outputs (gerber) to a dxf.

You have a CNC mill? Cool. I bought a Grizzly G704 mill last year. Added DRO but really want to
put a CNC kit on it. Using the mill primarily for some 80% projects on AR and 1911 goodies ;^)
I did use the mill on some of my chassis parts. With the DRO the placement of my holes were
perfect.  Yea I know too many hobbies and cool things to play with.